“There just aren’t enough boys named after awesome women out there, so I just wanted to contribute to that!”
The last time Ladia Albertson-Junkans was on the Ali on the Run Show, she was in Atlanta, about to run the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials. Ladia had qualified for the Trials, and then went on to run the Western States 100-miler, and then ran the Fastest Known Time (FKT) on the Timberline Trail around Mount Hood. Then, soon after running the Olympic Marathon Trials, her next great endurance adventure began: motherhood. Today, Ladia is mom to seven-month-old Gabriel Birch. On this episode, Ladia talks about what new motherhood has been like, and shares the special story of how Baby Gabe got his name. (Without giving away too much: He’s named after Ladia’s late best friend, professional runner Gabe Grunewald.) Plus: big goals, rainbows, and Taylor Swift.
THE LAST TIME LADIA WAS ON THE SHOW:
SPONSOR: UCAN. Click here and use code ALI for 20% off your entire UCAN order!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- All about Gabriel Birch’s name (5:00)
- Reflecting on the post-Olympic Marathon Trials baby boom (7:45)
- What it was like running the Olympic Marathon Trials (10:00)
- What Gabe’s pregnancy was like (15:30)
- Ladia shares Gabe’s birth story (21:00)
- What new motherhood has been like for Ladia (25:30)
- On striving for perfection in motherhood (33:45)
- Ladia’s return to running since giving birth (43:45)
- On the power of rainbows (47:30)
- Taylor Swift talk! (52:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!