It’s almost time for the 45th running of the Chicago Marathon! The 2023 Bank of America Chicago Marathon will take place on Sunday, October 8, and this episode is packed with all the information you need before you head to the start line. (And yes, you really should plan to get there two hours early. We’ll explain why!) The elite fields are stacked (Sisson! Hassan! Linden! Bates! Seidel! Scaroni! Schär!), and they’ll be followed by tens of thousands of runners en route to 26.2-mile glory. Get ready. Get psyched. And get that Goose Island at the finish!
Planning to tune in from home? Here’s how to watch.
- UCAN: Click here to get a FREE UCAN energy bar sample pack (you’ll just pay the cost of shipping), and use code ALIUCAN for 20% off your next UCAN order.
- Tracksmith: New customers, use code ALINEW for $15 off your first Tracksmith order over $75. Returning customers, use code ALIGIVE for free shipping, plus a portion of the proceeds from your order will be donated to Moms Demand Action.
- Vuori: Click here for 20% off your first Vuori purchase.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Chicago Marathon executive race director Carey Pinkowski talks about what to expect at this year’s race (2:20)
- How to get in, how to watch, and how Chicago is committed to sustainability (28:20)
- What to know about getting to the start and navigating the athlete village (35:35)
- Chris Wehrman (“Coach Worm”) and Robyn LaLonde talk Chicago Marathon course strategy (48:45)
- All about the finish line experience and tips for spectating (1:17:50)
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
- Subscribe to the newsletter
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!