“I bought a new house. And I also got a couple of goats.”
It’s marathon training season, baby! And today, we get to hear from training partners, teammates, and professional runners Emma Bates (making her seventh appearance on the Ali on the Run Show!) and Dominique Scott (returning for the third time!) as they gear up for their fall marathons. They talk about how they’re feeling, what their runs together are like, and how coach Joe Bosshard is approaching their training. Plus, Emma’s decision to pull back from sharing her training on social media, an introduction to Thelma and Louise, and some big fall marathon news from Dom!
- UCAN: Click here to get a FREE Edge sample pack (you’ll just pay the cost of shipping), and use code ALI23 for 20% off your next UCAN order.
- Tracksmith: New customers, use code ALINEW for $15 off your first Tracksmith order over $75. Returning customers, use code ALIGIVE for free shipping, plus a portion of the proceeds from your order will be donated to Moms Demand Action.
- goodr: Use code ONTHERUN for free shipping on your entire order.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- All about Dom and Emma’s run today (3:30)
- What’s the hot gossip on the Team Boss runs? (6:30)
- Dom announces her fall marathon! (9:35)
- Emma shares her advice for how to thrive at the Chicago Marathon (11:55)
- Intimidation vs. comfort on the starting line (15:25)
- How coach Joe Bosshard is approaching training for both Dom and Emma (17:45)
- How Dom and Emma are each feeling a month out from running 26.2 (23:10)
- Emma talks about her decision to stop sharing her training publicly (26:20)
- All about Emma’s new house — and Thelma and Louise! (32:40)
- On mid-run bathroom stops (42:45)
- Emma and Dom share their respective goals for their fall marathons (46:50)
- What it’s like being a part of Team Boss in 2023 (53:45)
- All about buns (1:04:00)
FOLLOW EMMA: @emmajanelbates
FOLLOW DOM: @domscottrunsa
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
- Subscribe to the newsletter
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!