“There was a lot of anticipation for this race, and I hope it lived up to everyone’s standards!”
Josette Norris is on a hot streak on the track! The On-sponsored Jersey girl (who now lives in Boulder, CO) just won the 5000m race at On Track Fest (and ran a personal best of 14:43), and won the 1500m race at Penn Relays the weekend prior. In this conversation, Josette talks about what life is like as an On Athletics Club athlete, where she is coached by Dathan Ritzenhein. (Listen to Josette’s previous appearance on the Ali on the Run Show — with now-husband and fellow pro Robby Andrews — here.)
- UCAN: Click here to get a FREE Edge sample pack (you’ll just pay the cost of shipping), and use code ALI23 for 20% off your next UCAN order.
- Vacation Races: Use code ONTHERUN200 for $200 off any Global Adventures trip, or code ONTHERUN15 for 15% off any half marathon or ultra marathon registration.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Josette essentially paid her own prize money this weekend, and all about the OAC fandom (3:10)
- On the transition from solo training to being a member of On Athletics Club (5:25)
- All about Josette’s 5000m win at On Track Fest, including the post-race celebration and the pacer situation (7:00)
- The intimidation factor with a stacked field (13:50)
- The red carpet situation (16:00)
- Visualization vs. reality (21:20)
- Josette breaks down that 5000m win (25:45)
- On the media side of it all, and what it’s like rewatching the races after the fact (32:10)
- What all the big life changes have been like in 2023 (39:50)
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
- Subscribe to the newsletter
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!