“We learned from other mentors. We both believe wholeheartedly that it’s a responsibility to then mentor other people and be transparent.”
Fact: Only 1% of creative agencies are owned by women. Photographer Aisha McAdams (@ai.shoots) and graphic designer Katherine Burgess (@katherine_kart) are here to up that number. They are the founders of Rhoam Creative Studio, a creative design and production studio for sports and lifestyle brands. They have worked with brands including Puma, Tracksmith, Bandit Running, On Running, Maurten, Strava, Brooks, Hoka, Ciele, and more. They are passionate, they are talented, and they are here to help brands share their stories while also helping elevate women in the space.
- Bandit Running: Use code ONTHERUN15 to get 15% off your entire Bandit order.
- UCAN: Click here to get a FREE Edge sample pack (you’ll just pay the cost of shipping), and use code ALI23 for 20% off your next UCAN order.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Katherine and Aisha met (13:40)
- On being female creatives in a male-dominated industry (18:40)
- All about Katherine’s “women are missing from sports coverage” project (26:30)
- The decision to launch Rhoam Creative Studio (35:40)
- On being part of the 1% (41:20)
- Aisha and Katherine share their highlight — and lowlight — reels (45:00)
- What it’s like working with Aisha and Katherine (55:25)
- Aisha and Katherine share their dream clients, their big goals, and their greatest wishes (1:00:30)
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
- Subscribe to the newsletter
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!