“I was mortified! Like, I’ve literally told everyone he’s my boyfriend, and he hasn’t told his friends about me! They don’t know who I am!”
Happy Valentine’s Day! We’re celebrating as we always do on the Ali on the Run Show: with a whole lot of love! This year, it’s Emily Infeld and Max Randolph’s time to shine. Emily is a Nike-sponsored professional athlete and member of Team Boss, coached by Joe Bosshard. Max is a longtime Nike-employee and self-described “Professional Wife Supporter,” making his podcast debut! In this conversation, we hear about Emily and Max’s first meeting (fittingly, they met at a cross-country meet), and the long road to their first real date. Plus, how Max proposed, Emily and Max’s advice for making a long-distance relationship work (this applies to all kinds of relationships), what Max is like when Emily is racing, and what’s next on Emily’s racing calendar.
And hey, whether you celebrate today or not, know that one thing is for sure: I love you.
- Tracksmith: New customers, use code ALINEW for $15 off your first Tracksmith order over $75. Returning customers, use code ALIGIVE for free shipping, plus a portion of the proceeds from your order will be donated to Moms Demand Action.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Max and Emily introduce each other (2:25)
- The story of how Max and Emily met, and the long road to their first date (4:35)
- On the “rules” of dating when you’re on a professional running team (35:00)
- When Emily and Max finally got to be in the same place at the same time — six years after meeting! (40:25)
- How Max and Emily adjusted to living together for the first time, and how Max proposed (47:55)
- Max and Emily’s advice for people in long-distance relationships (58:45)
- What Max is like when Emily’s racing (1:00:00)
- Emily offers updates on her running (1:03:30)
- Max and Emily share the moments when they felt proudest of each other (1:08:30)
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
- Subscribe to the newsletter
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!