“It was like the bell went off at that moment. And while I wasn’t the fastest or the most physical, I started. I put my foot down, and I started.”
Adina Crawford is a civilian supervisor for the Montgomery County Police Department. (A very intense, emotional job.) She’s a yoga instructor. And she’s a two-time marathoner who lives and breathes running. But that wasn’t always the case! Growing up, Adina was more of a “sit on the sidelines in gym class” kind of girl. It wasn’t until she was in her forties that she had a wakeup call, in the form of a tough-love conversation with her husband. She started running and, well, you know how the story goes. Now, at 58 years old, Adina has found her voice, her passion, and her purpose. This is her story.
- goodr: Use code ONTHERUN for free shipping on your entire order
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What’s making Adina happy right now (4:10)
- What Adina’s childhood was like (7:00)
- What life looked like before Adina started running (10:45)
- How — and why — Adina started running (13:00)
- On adopting the “Runner” title, and moving up to the half-marathon (18:40)
- On being a mentor for new runners (23:00)
- Why Adina wanted to run a marathon, and what that experience was like (24:15)
- How running has changed Adina’s life (33:50)
- All about Adina’s job (35:35)
- Why Adina started practicing yoga, and what her classes are like (39:20)
- All about Adina Crawford Day! (46:20)
- What’s next for Adina? (51:00)
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
- Subscribe to the newsletter
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
Michael Ealy the actor?
I think so!