“It’s really special when your friend becomes family.”
Some friendships build, grow, and develop over time. Others are instant. For Peloton instructors Jess Sims and Kirsten Ferguson, the best friendship was immediate. In the final episode of Friendship Fest Season 2, Jess and Kirsten talk about how they met (through Peloton, naturally), why they hit it off right away, and what it’s like when a friend becomes family. Plus, “the Starbucks story” that Jess is still mad about, what it’s like being Peloton-famous, and why it was so important for Kirsten to be there when Jess ran the 2022 Boston Marathon.
SPONSOR: Tracksmith. Click here and use code ALI22 to get free shipping. Plus, Tracksmith will donate 5% of your purchase proceeds to The Trevor Project.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Jess and Kirsten introduce each other (4:15)
- How Jess and Kirsten met and became friends (7:05)
- What it’s like when new instructors join the Peloton team (13:00)
- “The Starbucks story” (18:20)
- On being Peloton-famous (25:45)
- All about Kirsten’s epic pool parties (28:50)
- On Jess’s special bond with Kirsten’s daughters (31:30)
- The day Jess ran the Boston Marathon — and Kirsten was there as her #1 cheerleader (36:45)
- Jess and Kirsten share the moments when they felt the most proud of each other (46:00)
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!