“These people are out on the track, by themselves, just with their own body and their own mind. It’s really cool to watch. It’s cool to watch humans push themselves like that. And I want everyone else to be as excited about it as I am.”
Michelle Wolf is a stand-up comic, an ultra runner, and a massive fan of track and field. So it makes perfect sense that she was at World Athletics Championships in Eugene, OR, last month! In this conversation, Michelle talks about how she ended up in Eugene, working with the Hayward Magic team on an Instagram series called “Loosen Up with Michelle Wolf.” (Fun fact: She got the job, in part, after her appearance on the Ali on the Run Show last year!) She talks about interviewing athletes including Athing Mu, Ryan Crouser, Grant Fisher, and Marvin Bracy-Williams, and shares the highs and lows of her time at Hayward Field.
SPONSOR: New Balance — Click here to learn more about how New Balance is supporting conversations around mental wellness in running. (And check out my current favorite bra, pullover, and crop top.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What Michelle has been up to since World Championships (2:30)
- How Michelle got to go to World Championships (5:50)
- What Emily’s shows in Portland were like leading up to World Championships (11:30)
- All about “Loosen Up with Michelle Wolf” (20:10)
- On balancing work and running (22:50)
- Michelle’s experience interviewing Athing Mu (28:45)
- Behind-the-scenes stories from Eugene (34:45)
- Michelle’s highest and lowest points from being at World Championships (45:15)
For more, check out:
Michelle Wolf on Episode 464 of the Ali on the Run Show
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!