“It’s been hard to swallow that there is no miracle. It’s going to take time.”
It’s been nearly one year since Kara Goucher came on the Ali on the Run Show to talk about what it was like being a part of the NBC Sports broadcast team during the Tokyo Olympics. Today, Kara returns with all kinds of updates. In this fun, wide-ranging conversation, Kara talks about how she has gotten more comfortable in her role as an NBC Sports Distance Analyst, and shares her broadcast plans for the summer. She talks about how she’s honed her skills, and shares whether she still gets nervous to go live on air. Kara talks candidly about her recent Runner’s Dystonia diagnosis, and what that means for her health, her running, and her family. Plus: parenting during difficult times, going through life as a highly sensitive person (same), and the possibility of a Kara Goucher and Des Linden podcast.
SPONSOR: UCAN — Go to ucan.co/ali and use code ALI for 20% off your next UCAN order.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What’s making Kara happy today (3:30)
- How Kara’s confidence has grown as a commentator, and how she’s balancing TV jobs and motherhood (4:15)
- All about calling the Boston Marathon (18:00)
- Are Kara and Des Linden launching a podcast?! (22:10)
- An update on Kara’s runners dystonia diagnosis, and what treatment she’s trying now (26:25)
- All things motherhood and parenting during difficult times (42:30)
For more, check out:
Kara Goucher on Episode 411 of the Ali on the Run Show
Kara Goucher on Episode 43 of the Ali on the Run Show
Kara Goucher on Episode 86 of the Ali on the Run Show
Kara and Adam Goucher on Episode 208 of the Ali on the Run Show
What Made Maddy Run by Kate Fagan
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!