“There’s a lot of bumps on the way up. And a lot of people see that final moment, the excitement, the emotion that took place. And it was such a genuine and real moment. But it’s all because of the things leading up to that moment.”
Tara Davis is an Olympic long jumper. Hunter Woodhall is a Paralympic medalist. With their powers combined, they are the ultimate track and field power couple. And this week, Tara and Hunter announced their new lululemon partnership: The engaged duo are now sponsored by lululemon as Global Ambassadors for the brand. In this conversation, we hear all about how the lululemon deal came to be, and about why this was the perfect fit for Tara and Hunter. The social media savvy couple also talks about what it’s like sharing so much of their lives online: Collectively, they have more than 3 million followers on TikTok, 667,000 Instagram followers, and 421,000 YouTube subscribers. Plus, what a day in the life is like for two professional athletes, their love story, wedding planning updates, and what it’s been like skyrocketing into the public eye after last summer’s U.S. Olympic Track & Field Team Trials.
SPONSOR: UCAN — Go to ucan.co/ali and use code ALI for 20% off your next UCAN order.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- All about the lululemon partnership (4:35)
- What a day in the life of Tara and Hunter is like (9:50)
- Tara and Hunter talk about what their new race kits will look like, and what training has been like lately (11:40)
- The love story: Tara and Hunter met, started dating, and eventually got engaged (18:15)
- All about Tara and Hunter, content creators (26:45)
- What it was like skyrocketing to fame after last summer’s U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials (31:35)
- How Hunter has saved Tara’s life, in her words (44:40)
- Tara’s a-ha moment, when she realized her role in the sport (48:00)
- What’s next? (50:40)
- Wedding planning updates! (53:55)
For more, check out:
Follow Tara & Hunter:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!