“This weekend I was like, ‘I just want to be me, and see where I can go with that. I don’t want to conform. I don’t want to turn off who I am to fit into the existing landscape.’”
After 1,099 days, the Boston Marathon was back on Patriots Day! And I was there! On this episode, I’m talking (for a very long time) all about my weekend in Boston, where I hosted a live show with Tracksmith (listen to it here), was the post-race on-camera interviewer for the world feed broadcast (!!!), and made my Boston Marathon finish line announcing debut. It was a nonstop weekend filled with great people, exciting events, and a big leap out of my comfort zone and onto live (global!) television. So before we get into the interviews with people who ran the race (Nell Rojas and Adrianne Haslet, coming next week!), here’s my recap of the 2022 Boston Marathon from the sidelines, the media trucks, the finish line, and the photo bridge.
SPONSOR: Shokz — Use code OTR15 for 15% off wireless headphones.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- All about Friday fun: press conferences, The TRACK at New Balance, and more (4:40)
- The Saturday sessions: B.A.A. 5K spectating, introverting, Tracksmith live show, and more (23:15)
- Easter Sunday celebrations: running and family time (37:00)
- How I got these jobs (41:15)
- Behind the scenes of the broadcast prep work (48:20)
- All about Marathon Monday! (57:20)
- Listener Q&A (1:20:20)
Mentioned in this episode:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!