“I’ve been working a lot on just being able to own who I am in this sport. Things have changed so drastically over the last two years, so it’s coming to terms with that, of going from someone who was going to quit the sport to now someone who is one of the better-known names in the sport. That’s been a weird transition for me, honestly.”
Last week, Olympic bronze medalist Molly Seidel shared a dating-related post on Instagram. And to say it was the talk of the running world (and far beyond) would be an understatement. The post prompted all kinds of reactions (it currently has more than 2,100 comments — nearly double the response Molly received when she posted about running the New York City Marathon in November and breaking the American course record), and Molly returns to the show today to talk about all of it. We’re joined by mutual friend, running coach, MyStryde Boston instructor, and 3:11 marathoner Anoush Arakelian, and we’re talking about why that post struck a chord for so many. Plus, dating talk, confidence talk, mental health talk, and Boston Marathon talk. (If you’re running the race this April, Coach Anoush has some advice for you!) What started as a fun and lighthearted Galentine’s Day (and Super Bowl Sunday) girl talk session turned into so much more. Bottom line: You’re a 10.
SPONSOR: Shokz — Visit shokz.com/ontherun for 15% off wireless headphones.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- An update on where Molly keeps her Olympic medal (3:45)
- How Anoush met her boyfriend (7:20)
- Boston Marathon goals and advice (9:20)
- All about that now-viral Bumble post (13:30)
- Jon Green and Molly Seidel are NOT dating! (23:00)
- How Anoush and Molly met, and more dating talk (25:00)
- Emotions and running (37:00)
- What Molly is doing to improve her confidence (41:30)
- On reading LetsRun, and why Molly does it (47:15)
- Dream date talk, and listener dating disaster stories (56:50)
For more, check out:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!