“Running doesn’t break us. It teaches us to bend.”
By very popular demand: Welcome to Season 2 of The Everyday Runner series! For the next five weeks, we’ll hear from runners who are just like you and me. They are women who love running and who care about it deeply — but they don’t do this professionally, and they have jobs, families, responsibilities, and busy lives off the run. They are the everyday runner.
To kick off Season 2, meet Chloe Rosen! Chloe is the real-life runner behind the popular “Your Best Running Friend” Instagram account. And no wonder it’s funny: Chloe is an actor and comedian whose work has been featured on Comedy Central, Funny or Die, and College Humor! (Check out her hit web series “Dating My TV.”) On this episode, Chloe talks about her road to improv and sketch comedy greatness, and about how she found running along the way. (It involves a breakup. Relatable!) She talks about how her relationship with her body has ebbed and flowed over the years, about learning not to compare herself to Past Chloe, and about how she was feeling before running the New York City Marathon last weekend.
SPONSOR: COROS — Use code ONTHERUN for a free keychain watch charger with the purchase of any watch!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- On the post-wedding comedown — and how it compares to the post-race comedown (5:15)
- What Chloe’s childhood was like (10:15)
- On teaching English in India, and how it changed Chloe’s life (22:25)
- How Chloe broke into comedy (31:20)
- How Chloe found running (44:25)
- All about “Your Best Running Friend” (50:00)
- How Chloe’s relationship with running has evolved (58:50)
- Pre-NYC Marathon thoughts (1:06:15)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!