“To me, it’s not heroic to have a miserable experience. It’s not heroic to further injure myself. It’s not heroic to set myself back, for what? A medal, an Instagram post, a couple hundred likes? Not worth it. I’d rather be the people’s champion by saying, ‘Hey, I made the tough call.’”
Welcome to Ask Ali, a twice-a-month series where I answer all of your questions. This time around, we’ve got listener questions about Schitt’s Creek friendships, adjusting to hilly running routes, DNFs, and so much more. Thanks to everyone who called in for this one. Enjoy!
If you want to be part of a future “Ask Ali” episode (yay!), call 917-947-9699 — introduce yourself, and ask whatever’s on your mind! I can’t wait to hear from you!
SPONSOR: goodr. Click here and use code ONTHERUN15 for 15% off your entire goodr order!
- Is there a list of the best of the Ali on the Run Show? (5:05)
- Have you ever not finished a race that you trained for and started? (6:50)
- What is your honest opinion on LetsRun.com? (15:30)
- Do you have any funny injury stories? (22:05)
- If you lived in Schitt’s Creek, who would you be friends with? (28:30)
- How have you adapted to running on hillier terrain? (32:10)
- What tips do you have for preparing for a busy time? (37:00)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!