“High hopes, low expectations.”
Welcome to Ask Ali, a twice-a-month series where I answer all of your questions. This time around, we’ve got listener questions about what I’m watching right now, finding your identity when you can’t run, leaving New York City, working in the running industry, and so much more. Plus: another surprise appearance by Brian Cristiano! Thanks to everyone who called in for this one. Enjoy!
If you want to be part of a future “Ask Ali” episode (yay!), call 917-947-9699 — introduce yourself, and ask whatever’s on your mind! I can’t wait to hear from you!
SPONSOR: goodr. Click here and use code ONTHERUN15 for 15% off your entire goodr order!
- The top five things I’m watching right now (3:10)
- All about my trip to Ocean City, NJ (10:00)
- How to find your identity when you don’t have running anymore (18:55)
- About the mental shift regarding leaving New York City and being happy — not sad — to come back and visit (27:25)
- All about running with a jogging stroller (36:45)
- Advice for working in the running industry (44:45)
- Brian joins the show to share our love story! (53:15)
What I mention on this episode:
Calum Neff on Episode 318 of the Ali on the Run Show
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
Ok, so I see you posted it here; let me know what you think about it, and if you are going to try this? I will be happy to any questions you have.
Since it is hard to find a tropical medicine specialist, I want to suggest the two treatments that will eleminate helmiths and Protozoa (including Giardia and entamoeba histolytica). You can get a prescription from your local doctor for the meds from a US pharmacy. I guarantee you that this will cure your so-called “Crohn’s disease”!
1. Take Albendazole for 5 days, 500 mg twice a day, every 12 hours (make sure your take them religiously at the same time every day; you need to take them with a “fatty” meal; otherwise the drugs will not absorb; look this medication up on the internet).
2. And wait one a week or so; then the take Tinidazole 2000mg for 5 days once a day. Each day, it should be taken around the same time (say 10AM in the morning every day);
And on the sixth (6th) day, follow this up with Paromomycin 700mg 3 times a day for 8-10 day; take paramomycin at 7AM, 3PM, 11PM, every day for 8-10 days, at those exact times; that is, they should be taken every 8 hours; otherwise the medication will not work; Paromomycin has a very short life).
And note Paromomycin MUST be followed up with Tinidazole; otherwise the the treatment will not work; Paromomycin only work in the bowel, on the cysts of the protozoe ameba.
Ali, I feel for you; I spent over 40K to get rid of my parasites initially misdiagnosed as Crohns; this is because of incompetent doctors who are not trained to diagnose parasitic infections and think they only exist in the “third world”; but we consume so much produce from the “third world” each day we buy at our local super markets. I suspect you may dismiss what I saying since you have been told all your life that Crohns is what you have. But you got nothing to lose by giving these two medications a try.
Note you will have to wait several weeks to see how the medications work; dont panic if you feel you still have diarrhea after taking them; it takes a month or so for your bowel to return to normal. Eat lots of yorgut; do not take probiotics afterwords; they will make it worse. ALL GOOD WISHES;
Again, you got nothing to lose.