“Nothing is guaranteed. And because of that, it enabled me to be so present and so thankful and aware of how special the whole thing was.”
Welcome to Season 3 of the What’s New With You series, where we catch up with past guests on the Ali on the Run Show. And we’re kicking off this season with professional middle-distance runner Kate Grace! The last time Kate was on the show, in December 2017, she had just left her sponsor, Oiselle, to sign with Nike and join the Bowerman Track Club. Now, three and a half years later, Kate has left BTC and is now a member of Team Boss, training under coach Joe Bosshard. (And she’s moving! Kate is in the process of relocating from Portland, OR, to Boulder, CO, to train full-time with the team.) On this episode, Kate talks about her decision to change teams, and talks about how training is different with Coach Joe. Plus, she recaps her races at this year’s Olympic Track & Field Trials, where she hoped to make her second Olympic team in the 800m, but ultimately fell short of that goal. But Kate isn’t sitting around sulking: She is, in her words, “living her best life” right now, and is fresh off a European revenge tour, where she raced four times (in four different countries) in 10 days, earning two wins and three personal bests in the process. (Her new 800m PR is 1:57.2, which she ran in Monaco.)
THE LAST TIME KATE WAS ON THE SHOW: Kate Grace on Episode 53 of the Ali on the Run Show
SPONSOR: UCAN. Click here and use code ALI for 20% off your entire UCAN order!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Kate’s moving! (3:30)
- How Kate’s feeling after a whirlwind 10 days of racing (4:25)
- Kate’s decision to leave Bowerman Track Club (8:00)
- On the move to Team Boss (10:30)
- How Kate’s training is different now that she’s coached by Joe Bosshard (25:30)
- How Kate was feeling in the weeks leading up to the Olympic Trials (38:00)
- Reflecting on this year’s 800m races at the Olympic Trials (41:20)
- All about the Kate Grace Revenge Tour (47:00)
- Kate’s “white shorts” story (1:04:05)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!