“The word should can put us into tricky places. Because who’s to say what we should or should not do? A lot of things in life are a lot more nuanced than should or should not, yes or no, black or white.”
Welcome to Ask Ali, a twice-a-month series where I answer all of your questions. This time around, we’ve got listener questions about racing, nutrition, New York City must-dos, running plateaus, Orangetheory memories, and so much more. Plus: a surprise appearance by Brian Cristiano! Thanks to everyone who called in for this one. Enjoy!
If you want to be part of a future “Ask Ali” episode (yay!), call 917-947-9699 — introduce yourself, and ask whatever’s on your mind! I can’t wait to hear from you!
SPONSOR: goodr. Click here and use code ONTHERUN15 for 15% off your entire goodr order!
- If I could only race one distance for the rest of my life, which would it be? (3:00)
- Do you have any tips for nutrition during high mileage weeks? (5:18)
- What are your top must-dos and must-sees for a first trip to New York City? (10:15)
- Advice for hitting a running plateau after coming back from injury (15:45)
- What are my favorite protein bars? (23:15)
- What is my favorite thing about being a wife? (27:05)
- Ali sprints to the finish! (33:15)
- How to ease back into racing when you want to sign up for all the races! (41:20)
- Which Orangetheory benchmark days were my favorite? (46:30)
What I mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!