“It’s not easy, but I’m at a point now of knowing I can handle it. It’s not always fun — but I can handle it. And I know you can, too.”
Welcome to Ask Ali, a twice-a-month series where I answer all of your questions. This time around, we’ve got listener questions about why I (mostly) stopped drinking, how to practice getting comfortable saying no, wishing for a new body, what life could be like without running and podcasting, and so much more. Thanks to everyone who called in for this one. Enjoy!
If you want to be part of a future “Ask Ali” episode (yay!), call 917-947-9699 — introduce yourself, and ask whatever’s on your mind! I can’t wait to hear from you!
SPONSOR: goodr. Click here and use code ONTHERUN15 for 15% off your entire goodr order!
- Why aren’t you drinking anymore? (2:30)
- How do you get more comfortable saying no? (7:20)
- What is my strength training routine? (14:05)
- Do you have any advice for mentally getting back into running when you’ve been sidelined for a while? (17:35)
- Do I ever wish for a new body? (26:35)
- What is my favorite race that I’ve announced? (33:00)
- What would my life be like if I didn’t start podcasting and running? (38:00)
- What’s the process of choosing guests for the Ali on the Run Show? (40:00)
- Tips for running in the heat (45:45)
What I mention on this episode:
Rebound: Train Your Mind to Bounce Back Stronger from Sports Injuries
The Injured Athletes Club podcast
Clearwater Running Festival 2022
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!