“I feel like I’m in a good position to have a real crack at making the team.”
With the U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials coming up, now’s a great time to get to know as many of the competitors as possible! Today (bonus episode day!), Bowerman Track Club’s Sinclaire Johnson is here. Sinclaire is BTC’s resident rookie: She joined the team last year, and made her official debut as a Bowerman member in February, where she ran and won the 800m at the Prickly Pear Invitational. (Not bad for the new kid!) On this episode, Sinclaire confirms that she will be competing in the 1500m at the Trials (her personal best is a 4:03.72, officially making her one to watch). She talks about running at Oklahoma State University, where she was the 2019 NCAA 1500m champion, and explains her decision to forgo her fifth-year eligibility in favor of going pro. She talks about signing with Nike, and about why she wanted to join Bowerman Track Club. (It has a little something to do with Shelby Houlihan.) Sinclaire and the team are training at altitude in Park City right now, though she otherwise calls Portland, OR, home.
SPONSOR: Ranger Ready Repellents — Use code ONTHERUN10 for 10% off your purchase.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What life is like training at altitude in Park City (3:55)
- Sinclaire talks about her Bowerman Track Club racing debut — and win! (12:30)
- How Sinclaire is feeling looking forward to the Track & Field Trials (17:45)
- What Sinclaire’s childhood was like, and when running entered the picture (21:45)
- On winning NCAA Championships in the 1500m in 2019 (31:30)
- The decision to go pro (37:45)
- Why Bowerman Track Club? (43:45)
- All about Craig (55:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe, and leave a rating and review on iTunes or Apple Podcasts. And, as always, spread the run love by sharing this episode with your friends, family members, running buddies, or favorite internet strangers!