“The worst thing you can do is count yourself out.”
Last year, Molly Seidel ran her first marathon — at the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials, where she finished second and earned herself a spot on the U.S. Olympic Marathon Team. And she’ll be the first to tell you that she wouldn’t have gotten to that start line without her #1 fan: her sister, Izzy. Now, one year later, Molly is a professional runner for Puma, training for the 2021 Olympics, and Izzy is her self-appointed hype girl. On this episode, the Seidel sisters — who are roommates in Boston — talk about what their family was like growing up, and about how their lives have changed since the Trials. Plus, they talk about the importance of “the pursuit of fun” in everything they do, and share their experiences with the comparison trap, imposter syndrome, and building confidence. (Pro tip: Having a hype girl helps!)
SPONSOR: goodr. Click here and use code ONTHERUN for $10 off!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Which of Molly’s races has been the most challenging? (4:30)
- How Molly’s feeling after her 68:29 half-marathon PR (and race win!) in Atlanta last weekend (8:50)
- All about Molly’s attitude when it comes to racing (11:00)
- On getting the call that the 2021 Olympics are happening (!!!), and what her training will look like leading up to Tokyo 2021 (18:20)
- Is Molly moving to Flagstaff? (25:30)
- Looking back at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials, and what that day was like for the Seidels (35:40)
- Molly and Izzy talk about their childhood and what growing up together was like (43:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!