“People don’t know what you go through or the feelings you have if you don’t express and you don’t talk about them. People can have all of these assumptions about you, but unless you verbalize what’s really going on in your mind, they will never know.”
When it comes to running, India Cook is passionate about sharing her story — but it’s not about her, she’ll tell you. It’s about making sure other runners in the community feel seen, heard, and welcome on the run. India is a two-time marathoner and 15-time half-marathoner from Atlanta, GA, and she’s a content creator and storyteller (and former semi-professional cheerleader, which, yes, we talk about on this episode!). India is the co-host of The Run Duo podcast and hosts the Miles From India YouTube channel. She’s also an RRCA-certified run coach. On this episode, India talks about racing in the Covid-19 era, shares her thoughts on what it means to be a brand ambassador in 2021, and talks about what it has been like being a BIPOC public figure in the wake of the Black Lives Matter movement.
SPONSOR: AfterShokz — Visit ontherun.aftershokz.com for 15% off wireless headphones.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What it’s been like participating in “low-risk races” during the pandemic (6:15)
- Looking back at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials in Atlanta (12:00)
- India talks about her childhood and how running entered the picture (16:45)
- All about The Run Duo podcast and the evolution of the show (27:00)
- All about “Miles with India” on YouTube (40:00)
- India’s thoughts on being a running brand ambassador in 2021 (46:00)
- All about Coach India (55:00)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!