“I’ve given up on myself so many times. And now this time, I’m so determined to get over this hump. I don’t want to give up on myself again. That’s what gets me out the door these days.”
Emma Abrahamson is the definition of a content creator: The former University of Oregon cross-country runner has an insanely popular YouTube channel with 69,000 subscribers, a combined Instagram following of more than 80,000 on her @onecrazedfoodie account and her personal one, hosts the Convos Over Cold Brew podcast, and recently released the Crazed Foodies e-book. By sharing her own stories, Emma has become a strong role model for the next generation of runners. She’s known for her authenticity, her humor, and of course, her yummy recipes. On this episode, Emma talks about her road to running industry fame, and offers her honest, vulnerable takes on mental health, body image, and confidence. She talks about her transition from college athlete to “real person,” and talks about what it’s like being in a family of runners (she’s one of three sisters, all of whom are sub-5:00 milers!).
SPONSOR: AfterShokz — Visit ontherun.aftershokz.com for 15% off wireless headphones.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Emma got started as a content creator (5:45)
- The pressure that comes with living online (12:00)
- On developing thick skin and responding to negative feedback or criticism (14:30)
- On being a role model (16:30)
- Emma talks about body confidence (20:20)
- How Emma got into covering races and track meets on YouTube (27:45)
- All about Emma’s triathlon training (37:20)
- What keeps Emma going on tough days? (52:50)
What we mention on this episode:
Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!