“I am the happiest that I have ever been in my life. It’s coming together like I always wanted.”
It’s been a really good year for Aliphine Tuliamuk. In February, the professional runner for Hoka One One’s NAZ Elite team won the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials, earning herself the top spot on the U.S. Olympic Marathon team. But before she heads to Tokyo in 2021, Aliphine has one very big job: have a baby! Last week, Aliphine announced to the world that she is pregnant and due with a baby girl in January. On this episode, Aliphine talks about what the past eight months have been like, what it was like revealing her big secret, and why she didn’t want to wait to have a baby. She talks about the values she hopes to instill in her daughter, Zoe, and explains how raising a child in the U.S. differs from how she was raised in Kenya.
SPONSOR: AfterShokz — Visit ontherun.aftershokz.com for 15% off wireless headphones.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- All about Aliphine’s pregnancy and how she kept a secret for eight months (4:00)
- On announcing her pregnancy to the world (7:00)
- On always wanting to be a mom (10:30)
- Aliphine talks about the values that were imparted on her growing up in Kenya, and the ones she wants to pass down to her daughter (20:00)
- Why Aliphine and her partner, Tim, chose the name Zoe (21:50)
- The advice Aliphine’s teammates have offered as she prepares to become a mom (27:00)
- “I’m going to light the world on fire” (31:00)
What we mention on this episode:
“Aliphine Tuliamuk: Pregnant and Training for the Olympics,” by Erin Strout for Women’s Running
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!