“This showed me I can make more dreams — because apparently they come true!” —Veronica Jackson
Last week, we heard from U.S. Olympic Trials Marathon qualifiers, friends, and former training partners Veronica Jackson and Alex Bernardi. This week, they’re back to recap their respective races in Atlanta. (Spoiler: Veronica finished 63rd and Alex ran a personal best!)
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
Listen on Apple Podcasts I Spotify I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Veronica and Alex were feeling three days after running the Trials (2:30)
- Breaking down the early miles of the race (7:25)
- On the crowds and the spectators (13:45)
- Alex and Veronica talk about what it was like seeing each other during the race (20:10)
- Veronica talks about experiencing pre-race anxiety the day before the race (24:00)
- What it was really like being in Atlanta (32:25)
What we mention on this episode:
Veronica on Alex on Episode 211 of the Ali on the Run Show
Kaitlin Goodman on Episode 160 of the Ali on the Run Show
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!