“I’m an open book. I have no shame about anything I have gone through or felt.”
Andrea Barber — perhaps best known as Kimmy Gibbler on Full House and the Netflix revival Fuller House — is back on the Ali on the Run Show! And this time, she’s a published author! Andrea’s first book, Full Circle: From Hollywood to Real Life and Back Again, came out late last year, and it’s a hit. (I’m not just saying this because Andrea is a friend: This book is fantastic.) Full Circle isn’t a salacious Hollywood memoir or tell-all. It’s real and it’s honest, and in it, Andrea shares her story in a raw, visceral way. On this episode, Andrea and I catch up on what’s new in her life — including why her home is filled with thousands of boxes of Girl Scout Cookies, and what it was like wrapping the fifth and final season of Fuller House — and we talk about some of my favorite parts of the book, including her uncensored stories about depression, anxiety, and divorce.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How it feels to have wrapped Fuller House (7:50)
- On becoming a writer for Fuller House (20:55)
- What’s next for Andrea? (29:00)
- All about Andrea’s book, Full Circle: From Hollywood to Real Life and Back Again, and her decision to open up about depression, anxiety, and divorce (32:40)
- How New Kids on the Block helped Andrea through her divorce (48:45)
- Where Andrea is at with running right now (56:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Full Circle: From Hollywood to Real Life and Back Again, by Andrea Barber
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!