“He doesn’t do these grand gestures — he just shows up for me every single day.”
Love on the Run Week continues! From the Leers to the Lindens — to the Bruces! Today, professional marathon runners Steph and Ben Bruce are here to talk about what makes them Team Bruce. They talk about what it’s like when Ben is pacing Steph on the run, like at the 2019 Chicago Marathon, and open up about the impact having their two sons (Riley and Hudson) has had on their careers and their marriage. Steph and Ben live in Flagstaff, AZ, where he is an assistant coach and she competes for NAZ Elite.
Thank you to UCAN for sponsoring this episode of Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Steph and Ben met (2:45)
- How Ben proposed to Steph (12:00)
- What makes Steph and Ben a great team (17:15)
- On resentment (25:00)
- Reflecting on running the 2019 Chicago Marathon, where Steph ran a 2:27 personal best time, and Ben was on pacing duties (31:00)
- How marriage has changed since having kids (37:00)
- How Steph is feeling just a few weeks out from the Olympic Trials (42:35)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!