“One run or two runs, or even a handful of runs, in the grand scheme of things isn’t really going to make that much of a difference. So I try not to get too stressed out about it.”
You may know Megan Harrington (formerly Kretz) as one of the OG running bloggers: She is the woman behind the popular “Runner’s Kitchen” blog. In 2008, Megan had just graduated from Wesleyan University and moved to New York City to pursue her writing dreams. She joined the Central Park Track Club — and Twitter! — and started blogging about her training, in addition to working a slew of different jobs, including writing, editing, and working at a law firm. Today, Megan is a mom of two (to Teddy, 3, and Evelyn, 13 months) living in upstate New York with her husband, Brian. She works several part-time jobs: She’s a freelance writer, social media manager for a local newspaper, and peer breastfeeding counselor for the county WIC program. On this episode, Megan talks about her recent postpartum half-marathon PR, when she fits marathon training into her busy life, and how running has changed for her since becoming a mom. Megan will be running the Chicago Marathon in two weeks.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Megan talks about running a big postpartum half-marathon PR, and her decision to hire a coach at this point in her life (3:45)
- How Megan found and fell in love with running (8:00)
- On having a running blog back in the glory days of blogging, and how the running industry has changed over the past decade (16:20)
- Megan talks about her career evolution (20:30)
- How running has changed for Megan since becoming a mom (24:40)
- All about being a breastfeeding educator for the local WIC program (36:15)
- Megan’s advice to newly postpartum women who are eager to get back on the run (42:25)
- Megan’s Chicago Marathon plans, goals, hopes, and dreams (46:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!