“You can have success and you can have money and you can have the best job in the world, but you’re only going to sleep well at night if you’re happy with who you are.” —Jeannie Klisiewicz
You probably know Jeannie Klisiewicz as the bubbly, always super excited receptionist and often-on-camera star of The Ellen DeGeneres Show. (She even has her own show now: Life’s First-Evers with Jeannie!) Jeannie just may be the happiest person on the planet, and she’s on the Ali on the Run Show today sharing the amazing (and gutsy!) story of how she got her job working with Ellen, and how her role has evolved over the past 10 years. Jeannie, who grew up outside Chicago, talks about confidence and the power of staying true to yourself and, of course, about how she got into running and what it’s done for her physically and mentally. Warning: This episode will make you smile so hard your cheeks hurt.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Jeannie got her job on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (3:00)
- Why Jeannie says that, in spite of going out and asking Ellen DeGeneres for a job live on air, she’s actually not confident (14:15)
- How Jeannie — a small-town girl from outside Chicago — has adapted to life in Los Angeles, and a lifestyle that has her up-close-and-personal with celebrities every day (19:30)
- What Jeannie’s job was like when she started working with Ellen, and how it’s evolved over the past decade (22:00)
- Whether being put on camera changed Jeannie’s relationship with her body and appearance (27:00)
- What Jeannie’s new show, Life’s First Evers, entails (37:00)
- What Jeannie’s relationship with Ellen is like off-camera (40:15)
- Jeannie’s advice for people who want to get into the TV industry (49:30)
- How Jeannie got into running, and how she fits it into her busy schedule (52:00)
- What’s next for Jeannie? (58:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!