“It’s hard. I go and put the work in and see a glimmer of hope and then get my butt handed to me a week later. It’s difficult. But I know what I want to do and what I believe I’m capable of doing, and I know I just need to continue to work.” —Gwen Jorgensen
When Gwen Jorgensen was on the Ali on the Run Show earlier this year, she had recently moved to Portland, OR, and had just announced her next big goal: to transition from an Olympic gold medal-winning triathlete to an Olympic gold medal-winning marathoner. Gwen has been training with the Bowerman Track Club, under the leadership of Coach Jerry Schumacher, and she’s back on the show to give us all an update on how her 2020 pursuit is going. Plus, she talks about how becoming a mom to one-year-old Stanley has changed the game for her, and what she’s learned from her fellow Bowerman Babes.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Why Gwen wanted to train with the Bowerman Track Club, and how she made it happen (2:10)
- What it’s like being a Bowerman Babe, and what Gwen has learned from her teammates (4:20)
- What is it about Jerry Schumacher? (8:00)
- How Gwen’s training is going, physically and mentally (11:00)
- How becoming a mom has changed Gwen’s training (15:50)
- What Gwen’s fall marathon goals look like and how she’s working toward them (19:45)
- What’s new with Stanley? (22:00)
- Gwen reflects on her postpartum return to running and training (24:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!