“Running is important, but it’s not everything.” —Janae Baron
When Janae Baron was on the Ali on the Run Show last December, she was 37 weeks pregnant, so needless to say, she’s seen some big changes now that she has an eight-month-old daughter, Skye, added to her six-member family! On this episode, Janae talks about how that transition has gone, and what the biggest challenges and surprises have been so far. She opens up about the easy parts, the hard parts, and, of course, the running-related parts. Plus, a very special guest at the beginning of the episode!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
Listen on Apple Podcasts I Spotify I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How life has been for Janae since becoming a family of six (4:40)
- What Janae says has been the biggest surprise about adding a baby to the family (7:50)
- How having a baby with Andrew has impacted their marriage (9:45)
- What Janae’s recovery and return to running after having Skye was like (12:00)
- Janae opens up about her experience with feeling depressed and sad during pregnancy (18:00)
- Janae shares her current race goals, plans, and dreams — and talks about whether that sub-3:00 marathon goal is still on her mind (23:45)
- What Janae says she’s most excited about right now (39:20)
What we mention on this episode:
Janae Baron on Episode 50 of the Ali on the Run Show
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
I thought it was funny when you listed things that people criticized you for (i.e. too smiley, too silly). I was once broken up with because his mom said I was “too ambitious.” Glad she’s not my mother-in-law!!!