That is pretty much the most clever title I can come up with today: 5 Fun Friday Things. I guess I just like alliteration, and I’m admittedly not feeling very clever or creative today.
Like I said, I like word patterns.
Today is Friday the 13th, which means absolutely nothing to me. I’m not superstitious (“though I am a little stitious” — “The Office” anyone?) and I’d like to think I don’t believe in bad luck.
That being said, I think today will be a lovely day. Here’s five reasons why:
1. I slept in! Today is a rest day. Remember when I wrote about that genius little tidbit Mrs. Coach Cane threw at me the other day? “If you don’t like rest days it’s because you’re not working hard enough.”
Well I worked hard enough yesterday, Mrs. Coach Cane, and for the first time ever I’m grateful for today’s rest day. After pushing myself on yesterday morning’s run and topping the day off with a spin class, my body didn’t want to do anything but lay in bed this morning. So that’s what I did (well, I did some ab stuff, but I lay down for that). Today I will rest. I can tell that my body needs to recover.
2. I’m wearing a new shirt. I can’t really decide if I like it, actually. The material may as well be called “You better not sweat today or it’ll show” and I’m not sure it’s very flattering. But I bought it a few weeks ago and, stupid me, it was a final sale item. Regardless of the fit, I adore the loud magenta color.
3. No one blew cigarette smoke on me this morning. Usually my commute to the office involves me getting stuck behind various smokers who love blowing their nasty morning air all over my just-blow dried hair. Maybe I’m a brat, but I hate it. I wish there were separate sidewalks for the smokers and the non-smokers. Cigarette smoke is my least favorite thing in the world. But, this morning my walk was surprisingly smoke-free. Score!
4. I’m laying low tonight. No drinking (maybe a little drinking). No late bedtime. Just relaxing. I think that over the past few months I kind of forgot how to relax. Tonight might involve a bubble bath. I don’t know. I don’t know if I’ll have enough time. (Old School. Anyone?) I’m running the NYRR Healthy Kidney 10K tomorrow morning, and though I’m not necessarily looking for a PR or anything fancy, I would like to feel good and fresh.
5. New Run For The Rabbit commercials are airing! I got a sneak peek of my new commercial last night and it’s so exciting that these will be on TV. You can watch the commercial I’m in here on YouTube.
There’s also a new commercial starring my new
drill sargeant friend, Coach Cane. Click here to watch it.
And there you have it. Five things that will make today a good day.
YOUR TURN, OBVIOUSLY: Tell me the things that are making your day good today!
This is SO COOL! Congrats to you! 🙂
Smoking and non-smoking sidewalks — yes! You should call 311 with that idea, I think Bloomie would be all over that 🙂
What a great list! Hope you enjoyed your resting and relaxing day!
I just love having low-key weekends! It’s really the only way to relax 🙂
Enjoy your rest day! My training schedule has been tough lately and for the first time in my workout history, when my rest day comes around I get really excited. So your Coach’s philosophy makes me feel better about that.
My day is good because I had a big work presentation this morning and it went really well!
Rest days are good sometimes to recover and prevent injury. Relax so you can amp yourself up for tomorrow!!!
My gosh you look so beautiful in those clips!! It must feel pretty awesome to be a part of something so special, motivating, and important!
I actually love that quote about rest days from your coach, and have been thinking about it a lot. Even though I could rattle off reasons why rest days are good to other people, I have a hard time actually making myself rest. But what is helpful is reminding myself of the purpose of a rest day – to give myself the energy and rest to let me run as hard and fast as I want to the other 6 days of the week. Looking at it that way makes it seem like a smart choice, rather than a “wasted” day where I could have been running.
I’m glad you slept in today, and I love low key Fridays too. What you said about cigarette smoke made me laugh – I get so disgusted by it, and living in a city its so hard to avoid. I do everything I can do avoid breathing it is, it’s probably a little excessive 😉
What an inspiration!! I’m running my first 5K tomorrow with lots of goals towards a marathon (after lots of training of course!)
xo – Marie
Chocolate & Wine
A bubble bath is a must!
Congrats on the commercials.
I’m happy it’s Friday because a friend is in town visiting from Boulder. I’m picking up my race number shortly for the Healthy Kidney 10K. Also, I’m wearing a pair of earrings I received as a gift and they are quite fun.
Ah I love this! Have fun laying low and GOOD LUCK tomorrow at your race! I can’t wait to read about it! (I’m kind of obsessed with your blog…your runs motivate me!)
My Friday is good because I got really nice emails from really awesome people. Thank you! My co-worker also brought me chocolate and the mailman delivered new running clothes that I’m planning to test out after work. Enjoy your relaxing Friday night!
You are totally giving the camera sexy eyes in the first one.
I love the commercial!! That’s so awesome. Congrats on taking a needed rest day – I’m sure your legs will thank you tomorrow morning. Good luck – maybe I’ll see you out there 🙂
First, I love having a Friday with no plans! It is great to just come home and unwind with no real obligations. Hmm…I have a nice run planned out for tomorrow that will get me in bed a little early. I love having my Saturday mornings back since my class ended!!!
My day is great.. because I got 5 miles of intervals in before work.. so I can go to my parents’ house tonight and make them dinner! 🙂
Awesome, enjoyed the videos!!!!! You will love it as much as you can… Having a coach will be great! 🙂
Enjoy your 10k tomorrow… Going to be a brisk run but not an all out race?
woooow cool commercial. You look great 🙂 Now if I see that on tv, I can be like “I know that girl. Well, actually, I don’t know her, BUT I read her blog!” My leftovers from last night’s spaghetti squash bake are making me happy today. Except I don’t think I should be eating them for breakfast. Oh wellll.
Love this post! I tend to steer away from the “don’t sweat or I’ll show it” shirts. My office is HOT and it’d be a bad situation. Some happy things:
1. Sun is OUT and it’s warm!
2. I’ve gotten to wear dresses all week:)
3. Delicious coffee this morning. YUM.
4. Major things getting off my to do list. Love making the check marks:)
5. A fun night with a great friend.
Vacation starts tomorrow!
I’m about to watch your commercials. So cool that your doing run for the rabbit.
Could not agree more than cigarette smoke is the most disgusting thing in the world.
Once, at the corner of 25th and Broadway, a group of guys actually intentionally BLEW SMOKE at me in a disgustingly flirtatious way as I walked by. I probably should have ignored them, but I made a face and waved the smoke out of my face and tried to keep walking. The face I made did NOT make one of the guys so happy, as he yelled this to me:
“What the f*&k?! You don’t like cigarettes?! You better learn to live with it baby, you’re in the citaaaaaay!”
I think I effectively threw up in my mouth. Boo to smoke!
A race belt! That is so cool. Now I want one.
Good for you for resting. Your race tomorrow will be even better because of it. I signed up for the Israel race, are you running it?
Seriously, you look so good at work every day. You do not understand the mess I look like every single day. But I don’t think I care!
My day is good because I saw one of my favorite bands in concert last night and have an outdoor private Pilates Bootcamp session later. Good things.
Dori, I’m running the Israel race!
I wanted to add Zico Coconut Water to my list of good things. I thought I hated coconut water and that it tasted like pee, but the Zico brand is much better. I feel more hydrated and electro-lit.
I agree with you on the rest day! I did a hard 8 miler yesterday and all day yesterday I was saying “Ugh… I have a rest day tomorrow. I don’t want to do it…blah blah blah” but today I woke up and I was like “Owwww. Yeah, now I’m grateful for that rest day.”
You look super cute in the commercials! Happy weekend!
You know – go you! These are good things to celebrate. I’m getting sushi today and let me tell you… it’s going to be epic.