Today, instead of waking up early and running—I did enough of that yesterday—I slept in a bit and then did some things around the apartment.
I’ve been going nuts lately because there aren’t enough outlets in the apartment. Can you believe that there are NO outlets in either bathroom?
So it’s been a bit of a puzzle for me over the past week or so. Too many appliances, not enough places to give them power.
Yes, I’ve bought extension cords. Yes, I’ve bought surge protectors.
Anyway, this morning I was excited to set up a little outlet hub in the corner of the living room. But it turns out, the pretty new extension cord I bought yesterday is a two-prong one.
I needed a three-prong cord.
Of course, trying to do this at 6:45 am got me all worked up.
But then, on my way to work, I saw this:
As a Britney Spears fan (more so during her “I’m A Slave 4 U” days than now, obviously), this sign cracked me up.
To get to my office, I walk down 28th Street, which is the heart of the Flower District. It smells amazing and, as it turns out, those flower store owners are pretty clever!
Needless to say I’m in a better mood now.
I have another day off tomorrow, so I just have to get through today and boom, long weekend!
Also, welcome to all of the new readers here at Ali on the Run! My guest post over at Meals and Miles yesterday brought lots of new people to the site, and I’m excited to have you all here.
A few things to know about me:
- I live in NYC. I’ve lived here for three years and I love it. Most of my posts emphasize that.
- I’m a runner. I never thought I’d be able to call myself a runner. But after spending 16 years as a dancer, I’ve made the switch. I’ve completed three 1/2 Marathons and am hoping to complete a full marathon in 2011!
- I have Crohn’s Disease. I’ve had it since I was young and am learning to live with it. Here’s the full story on that.
- I live with my boyfriend. I call him ABS on the blog. Not because he has a six-pack (he doesn’t, still love him though), but because those are his initials. He makes me laugh often. I blog abou that, too.
- I’m trying to eat healthy.I used to survive on Pasta Sides and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. I still love my pasta, but I’ve converted to the whole wheat variety. I post photos when I eat or make something super-delicious, but beyond that I don’t document all of my meals on the blog. Sorry.
There’s the summary. For a bit more about me, visit my All About Ali page.
Coming up today:
- Work. Since I was out yesterday, it’ll be a busy day for sure.
- Hopefully making it to Angel’s Tesuto class at the gym for a little strength training.
- Girl’s Night! I’m going out with two of the girls I went to Mexico with. We’re reuniting to talk about how our tans have faded. Sad face.
Have a great day, friends!
I just read your link about having Crohn’s Disease. My husband has it as well, so I understand completely what an inconvenience it can be! I found myself nodding many times while reading your story, because it was as though my husband wrote it himself. I am definitely going to check out Team Challenge!
Hi Ali! I am one of the readers who came over from Megan!I am so glad I found your blog, it is honestly quite the coincidence, I have a very close friend who has been recently diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and had surgery few days ago, he is really upset and depressed about it and this makes everything worse, it’s so sad to see him like this and not being able to help!…I think reading your blog would help his “mindset”, what do you think?!
On an unrelated note, could you please do a tutorial on how to bride your hair like you do???Please??? 🙂
I love days off strolling around NYC, it’s such a different and relaxed feeling (despite the always-frenetic-pace of Manhattan) then the daily grind. <3
you are so famous!!!!
i am also going to try and make it to testuto tonight. =]
Hello, I found your blog from your guest post on Meals and Miles yesterday! I too have an outlet issue in my bathroom…I have two but neither work for some reason…so I have to dry my hair in my bedroom which I hate…usually because one of my kids are sleeping in my bed and I go to great lengths to keep them asleep for as long as possible in the morning;) They are so used to it by now that they sleep right though it!
I too, was a dancer for the majority of my life…glad I found your blog!!! have a great day!!
Hi Ali! I am one of the readers who came over from Meals & Miles and am so glad I found your site. My mom suffers from severe colitis, so learning about Team Challenge (from you) was so exciting! I definitely want to get involved now with my local Team. Thanks! Love your site 🙂
Ahh, this is a great post. I definitely liked learning more about you. I am even more impressed at your feats, incredible story.
I too am TRYING to eat healthy. Have a few days off myself, don’t know what do with all this fun time, haa.
Really cute stories!