This weekend was good to me.
In case you missed any of it:
- I ate an awesome meal and saw The Nutcracker on Friday.
- I went for a long run and saw an inflatable Snoopy on Saturday. I also visited with some hometown friends and checked out the tree at Rockefeller Center.
- I slept in on Sunday then went for a short run. After that it was off to do some Christmas shopping and party prep.
So there you go—all caught up.
This weekend was really fantastic. I rested, I ran, I shopped, I saw friends, I ate well and I laughed a lot.
Last night, ABS and I embarked on a new challenge: watching “Mad Men” from the beginning. Thank you, Netflix.
Everyone raves about this show, and neither of us have watched it on TV. So, we were ready to give it a try.
Two episodes in and so far so good. It’s much darker than I expected. Am I supposed to like Don Draper? Because he’s good at his job, but at home he’s kind of a dirt bag. I’m loving the fashion though and really want to go invest in giant, poofy skirts and cardigans.
We got to sleep around 10:30 last night, and I was shocked when my alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. I was in such a deep sleep.
Still, I got out of bed feeling rested, ready to tackle the week.
I ran 6.4 chilly miles in Central Park. The runner crowd is dwindling in the park on these cold weekday mornings. There weren’t too many of us out this morning!
Here’s what’s going to be awesome about this week:
- I have two days off! In an attempt to use up some vacation days, I have Wednesday and Friday off.
- I’m finally cashing in on my massage! I bought a massage off Rue La La back in February. It expires December 31, so I’m cashing in on it just in time (I’m going on Wednesday). And I cannot wait!
- Girl’s night on Thursday night with the two ladies I went to Mexico with.
- Party! ABS and I are hosting a housewarming/holiday party on Saturday night. I’m so excited to be planning it all and can’t wait to have people over.
OK, now that I’ve written a mini-novel, time to dry my hair and get to work.
TELL ME: What are your party must-haves? What do you like to eat, drink, do?
Party must haves: Eat – carbs! But if there’s protein available, please make it vegetarian or at least some shrimp?! Socialize, watch for funny goings on around the room…usually happens as the night progresses.
I love planning parties. Hope you guys have a great time.
So it’s really your Wednesday? Very cool.
Glad you had a good weekend. Mad Men is addicting, lookout:)
Sounds like you are already looking forward to more fun this weekend!
Don Draper is a huge dirt bag. The women on that show are the best part about it, and they have the BEST dresses!
Loved seeing you this weekend, miss you already! I’ll see you again when it’s not so FREEZING!
I love when weekends leave me feeling like that! This weekend was sort of like that for me, too.
Yours sounds amazing. Love the Nutcracker:)