Lately, it’s gotten harder and harder to get up with my dreaded 5:30 am alarm. But I recently downloaded a handful of songs that I am loving, and that’s making my morning runs much more fun.
Here’s what I’ve got on my playlist right now:
- Time Warp — Glee Cast
- Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor) — Pitbull featuring T-Pain
- Le Jazz Hot — Glee Cast
- Touch a Touch a Touch a Touch Me — Glee Cast (Noticing a Glee theme yet?)
- Turn Around (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) — Flo Rida
- Start Me Up / Livin’ On a Prayer — Glee Cast
- What’s My Name — Rihanna
- Singing In the Rain / Umbrella — Glee Cast
- Liv Tonight — Nelly & Keri Hilson
- The Time (Dirty Bit) — Black Eyed Peas
- XR2 — M.I.A.
- Teenage Dream — Glee Cast
So obviously if you’re not a Glee fan, you’re probably not going to be a huge fan of this playlist. But these tunes all have great beats and I sing along to them in my head as I run. Admittedly, sometimes I sing out loud, too.
I had a pretty good run this morning because of a few factors:
- I got LOTS of rest last night and all throughout the weekend. Sore throat = gone. Stuffy nose = gone.
- It was warm out! It was 48 degrees when I left my apartment. Perfect running weather.
- In some sort of Central Park miracle, the bathrooms at the Boathouse were open at 6:20 am! That’s been unheard of, and it was incredibly convenient that they were open this morning. Had they not been, the 7-miler wouldn’t have been nearly as successful.
- It’s a short week! How can I be grumpy when I only have 2.5 days of work standing between me, my family and lots of stuffing and gravy?
Happening in my life today: Work, gym (hoping to take chisel and maybe cardio tai box—we’ll see), then home to watch “Dancing with the Stars” (not by choice—I have to blog about it for work). Have a great day!
TELL ME: What are you listening to these days? Got an awesome song recommendations? Please share!
I’ll take your job–blogging about Dancing with the Stars?!?! That sounds awesome!
I am so glad it is a 3-day (for me) work week; I need a break so badly!!
Rihanna performed What’s My Name at the taping of Letterman that I attended…..!
so glad i got to meet you the other day! hope your short work week goes well 🙂
I posted my marathon mix the other day! Hope you enjoy! http://healthyhappierbear.com/?p=4028
haha i love that every other song is glee. i am currently obsessed with kesha’s song- we r who we r. also love robyn’s dynamite recommendation.
Wow you really are a dedicated morning runner. I go through phases with my running mix but I love Taio Cruz, Dynamite.