Utah is Bliss

I’m totally exhausted after what seems like a whirlwind journey to get to Utah. But I am completely in awe of this gorgeous state. To recap…

My journey began yesterday and was actually pretty uneventful. Because I’m traveling for work, I could have taken a car or cab to the airport, but I opted for the Long Island Railroad/AirTrain instead. I like it! And it’s so cheap. So I saved the company some money, and I’ll probably make up for it with a nice dinner before I leave tomorrow!

I got to the airport with plenty of time to stock up on magazines and buy an apple and a water.

There were SO many babies on our flight! I swear that when they said “People with young children may board now,” the entire plane filled up. I was happy to be seated in 2F. A window seat at the front with extra legroom. It was glorious.

The flight itself was looooong. And those aforementioned babies screamed the entire time. I’m not kidding or exaggerating, sadly. They were noisy babies. But I stayed entertained by watching “Ellen,” “How I Met Your Mother” and, thanks to VH1, the episode of “Saturday Night Live” hosted by Britney Spears. I was in Heaven.

I munched on my trail mix, some animal crackers, a Larabar and my apple. I think I was eating out of boredom more than anything else.

Once we started flying over Utah, I got a little camera happy. See:

The mountains started off small…
Then they got huge!

I loved flying over Provo, where Brigham Young University is located. It’s stunning, and it’s so cool to see all of the huge Mormon temples from above. They’re massive!

I want to live at the base of some mountains…

After I landed, I got my rental car (I’m not sure what it is—but it looks like a PT Cruiser. I asked the rental guy for something “cuter” and he laughed at me. He did not realize that I was serious.) and met up with a coworker’s mom, who lives out here.

Everyone here is so nice and hospitable. I got dinner with my coworker’s mom and sister, then visited The Dance Club, a super-successful studio that I’ve been dying to visit. I was treated like a total celebrity!

I didn’t get to my hotel until about 10 pm (midnight, according to my body) and set my alarm with hopes of a really early morning run in the mountains.

That didn’t happen. Instead I did some exercises in the hotel room (situps, pushups, etc.) and now I’m getting ready for a loooong day at the photo shoot. Hopefully I can go running tonight if I’m not too tired.

Hope everyone is having a great week. If I never see you again it’s because I decided to stay in Utah!



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

listen to the podcast

about ali

I’m the creator of the Ali on the Run blog and the host of the Ali on the Run Show podcast. I’m also a freelance writer and editor, a race announcer, a runner and marathoner, a mom, and a huge fan of Peanut M&Ms, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (way better than the first one!), and reliving my glory days as a competition dancer in the early 2000s. I’m really happy you’re here.
  • Post Date

related posts



Answering questions about my dream home, dream podcast guests, and dreams for the future.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.